News & Announcements
- Fact Sheet #10: The Role of Forests, Management, and Forest Products on Carbon Mitigation (December 2013)
Reducing carbon emissions has become an international commitment with carbon credit markets and pollution taxes on fossil emissions developing at a rapid pace. Placing diverse perspectives on this issue in the context of regional variations in forest management helps clarify effective options.
- Thank you to the Forest Products Journal for permission to post the feature article, and the following related article:
- Annual Reports for 2012 & 2013.
- CORRIM poster featured at the Forest Products Society Annual Meeting
The Consortium for Research on Renewable Industrial Materials (CORRIM) seeks to establish, support, and manage research and education programs relating to renewable industrial materials focused on the environmental impact of the production, use, and disposal of wood and other bio-based materials.
The intent is to create:
- A consistent database to evaluate the environmental performance of wood and alternative materials from resource regeneration or extraction to end use and disposal, i.e., from "cradle to grave".
- A framework for evaluating life-cycle environmental and economic impacts.
- Source data for many users, including resource managers, manufacturers, architects, engineers, environmental protection and energy analysts, and policy specialists.
- An organizational framework to obtain the best science and peer review.